Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh sh*t

I am sitting in a tangle of traffic around a huge accident on I 385 outside Greenville SC where I hired a lawyer for speeding tickets today and just hung up with the lead carpenter Matt up at the cabins. He should have left 2 hours ago we had a big day with the arrival PDA huge lull with extendable boom that will hold the house up while the sill logs are removed and replaced. The logs don't arrive tillweds so we took advantage of a free day with the equipment to move all the large trunks that are to be milled on site and clear out the area to have a staging zone for the lifting equipment. The tree tops and brush too small to become lumber were piled and burned (apparently with a healthy mix of scrap lumber) and Matt wanted to share the news that the water is off on the whole place except for the leak gushing from somewhere under the shed's floor. I told the to call 9-1-1. Then learned that the burnn piles are mixed. See- I got warned earlier gthus year that each single item that wasn't grown and cut on the site subjects the owners to a fine not to exceed $25000 per article. I'm glad he ignored my initial command to call the fire dept. Matt a Zach think this is a $2-$3M brushfire by those punitive federal enviromental regs.
Tune in tomorrow for the ecitibg conclusion of this cliff hanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment